Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 30: Blueberry Pancakes

     This morning I decided to try the blueberry pancake recipe from the Vegetarian Starter Kit that I talked about on Day 16 of my challenge along with some minor adjustments.


    These pancakes were delicious and I hardly had to add any syrup at all for the blue berries were just so sweet. I must say this is the best pancakes I have ever made from scratch. 

Blueberry Pancakes


2 cups of white flour
3 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups of vanilla soy milk
3 tablespoons of canola oil
3/4 cup frozen blue berries

    Step 1: Combine all the ingredients excluding the blueberries in a bowl and mix thoroughly until smooth

    Step 2: Microwave the frozen blueberries for about a minute until they have defrosted

    Step 3: Ladle the batter onto a hot greased pan and add the blueberries where desired while it is cooking. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Serve with the remaining blueberries drizzled on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment