Sunday, June 26, 2011

Day 26: Trattoria del Porto

     Today was our last full day in Orlando Florida, and tonight my family was craving pizza. We ended up heading to the Italian restaurant Trattoria del Porto at the Portofino Bay Hotel. While we found there was no vegan options on the menu what so ever, they were on the other hand one of the most accommodating restaurants I have been to on this vacation.


   Once informed that I had certain "dietary restrictions" they had the chief come sit with me at my table in order to figure out a dish that would work for me. The chief basically told me he could make me what ever I would like within reason, and I ended up getting a vegetarian pizza with out cheese (they had no vegetarian pizza options on their menu).


     My vegetarian pizza was loaded with tasty vegetables and was absolutely delicious. I was so glad that I wasn't forced to eat a small salad while my whole family ate pizza next to me. Instead I got one specially made just for me! I must say while this wasn't necessarily what one would typically call a veg-friendly restaurant it did have the best service out of all the restaurants I went to on my vacation.

    For more information on Trattoria de Porto check out the Universal Orlando Site or their Menu

Vegan Dishes:

None - but the chief will make you something special if informed

No comments:

Post a Comment