Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day 23: Jake's American Bar at the Royal Pacific

    After my great vegan dinner last night Bob Marley's I was overall optimistic that armed with my dads list of vegan dishes I should have no problem form here on out. Unfortunately when we got to "Jake's American Bar" at the Royal Pacific Hotel they had changed there menu I could only find one thing on their menu that was vegan which was the Fresh Garden Greens Salad that consisted of local organic greens with cherry tomatoes, julienne carrots, and cucumbers. I was about to order that before my mother spoke with the manger who had the chief come out and talk to me!

     After informing him that I was vegan he said he could make me the Truffle Penne Pasta without the truffle cream sauce. I agreed and he made me the custom dish with out truffle sauce and added a few other vegetables as well. The dish normally consisted of arugula, cherry tomatoes, and artichoke hearts, but he also added peppers, asparagus, and steamed broccoli as the garnish. I was so thrilled that they would go out of there way to do that for me.


For more information about the restaurant check out the City Walk Site and their Menu.

Vegans Dishes:

Fresh Garden Greens Salad
Truffle Penne Pasta (ask for it without the truffle sauce)

No comments:

Post a Comment