Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day 29: Pepperoni, Mushroom, and Olive Pizza

     After experiencing different types of vegan pizza on my vacation and at the pizza cookery, I was determined to make one just as good at home. I decided that my first attempt would be the classic pepperoni, mushroom, and olive pizza I grew up with. Armed with my new pizza pan and vegan cheese I was ready to attempt to make one massive vegan pizza.


    While my pizza wasn’t as good as the pizza I ate at the Pizza Cookery it was pretty damn close. The cheese melted and the smell of pepperoni filled the air. To say the least I was quiet pleased with myself. My boyfriend and I devoured it in no time. 

Pepperoni, Mushroom, and Olive Pizza

Pizza dough
2 1/2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon of salt
2 teaspoons of baking powder
2/3 cups of water
1/4 cup of olive oil

Corn Meal
Tomato Sauce
Garlic powder
Basil
Follow Your Heart mozzarella cheese
Sliced mushrooms
Vegan pepperoni
Sliced black olives

     Step 1: Spread a thin layer of corn meal on the baking dish before laying out the pizza dough. Once the pizza dough is spread on the baking sheet lightly coat the dough in olive oil.

     Step 2: Evenly spread the tomato sauce across the top of the pizza and sprinkle garlic powder and basil on top. Top the pizza with mozzarella cheese, sliced black olives, pepperoni, and sliced mushrooms.

    Step 3: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and then bake the pizza between 13 to 17 minutes until the edges of the crust are golden brown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment