Friday, June 17, 2011

Day 17: The Original Pizza Cookery

     One of the major things that has changed since I have started this challenge is the variety of what I eat for breakfast. Before I attempted this challenge my breakfasts mainly consisted of plain cheerios or some bland oatmeal. Now I have banana bread, cheerios with fresh strawberries, oatmeal with walnuts and bananas, blueberry smoothies and much more. This morning I finished off the rest of my banana bread with a side of fresh raspberries.


    In the evening my roommate and I decided to check out the original Pizza Cookery in Woodland Hills, which just released their new vegan menu. I wasn’t too keen about going there at first, for while the vegan pizza I had in the past was good it was nothing compared to normal pizza. Truth be told I was also afraid I would be tempted by the delicious aroma of the other customers pizza around me. All the meals came with complimentary garlic rolls which conveniently had a vegan and non-vegan option.


    For my main dish I ordered the mini pizza with a wheat crust, follow your heart cheese, tomato sauce, mushrooms, olives, and vegan pepperoni. I was pleasantly surprised after tasting my order. Not only did it look like pizza, but it tasted almost exactly the same as a normal mushroom, olive, and pepperoni pizza. I was in heaven. This place is definitely the best place to go if you are looking to find vegan pizza, and is perfect when going out with non-vegan friends who don’t necessarily want to have to switch to your eating habits.


     Also besides the food the ambiance was great, and is a perfect place to take a date. The inside of the restaurant has an almost rustic feel to it with wooden tables and booths. They also have multi colored Christmas lights strung up along the ceiling, giving it that extra touch. I must say that this has been by far the best vegan friendly restaurant I have gone to yet.
     
For more information check out their reviews on Yelp or visit their web site at http://www.pizzacookery.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment