Thursday, August 18, 2011

Day 78: Fresh and Easy

    Today I went to the relatively new grocery store, Fresh and Easy, that opened up down the street. I was expecting it to be over priced like whole foods, but to my surprise their food was relatively inexpensive. While this store does not carry a large sum of vegan substitute products it has a great gluten free section, for those of you that have a gluten intolerance, and all there products contained no artificial colors or flavors, no high-fructose corn syrup, and no added trans fats.


     Not only does this store offer fresh affordable products, but they strive to be environmentally friendly by making all their stores "green buildings" and adding solar panel at their distribution centers. They also are known to donate large sums of money to the various communities they reside in.

    Along with being enviromnetally friendly, and having great fresh products, their store also has a few other perks such as big wide uncluttered isles and a cute little eating area in the front where you can get eating utensils, coffee, and warm up your food you just bought if you so desire.

   The thing that I did find a little bit strange though was that there were not cashiers! All the check out stands were do it your self, with just one cashier standing by to help if needed. I must say I did mess it up a few times and had to call the cashier over to help me. But overall this is a pretty cool new store and I will definitely be going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment