Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 62: Blueberry Wheat Muffins

     This morning I decided to attempt to make blueberry wheat muffins. I originally tried the recipe from the "Vegetarian Starter Kit" by Mercy for Animals, that I talked about on day 16, but it tasted too bland to me. So instead I completely revamped the recipe and tried it again. This time it was a little bit sweeter, and tasted more like the muffins I was use to.



Blueberry Wheat Muffins
¾ cup whole wheat pastry flour
¾ cup unbleached white flour
½ cup cornmeal
1 tablespoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon sea salt
½ banana (egg replacer)
1 cup vanilla soymilk
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 table spoons molasses
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
2 tablespoons butter

    Step 1: Place all ingredients in a large bowl, except for the blueberries, and beat with an electric beater. Once that is thoroughly mixed, fold in the blue berries.

    Step 2: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake for approximately 20 to 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment