Friday, August 5, 2011

Day 66: Carrot Muffins

    This week I am going to be eating a lot of dishes with carrots, for when I went to Trader Joe's this afternoon I found that a whole 1lb packet of carrots were only 79 cents! Of course I rationalized that I had to get two packets of carrots, and now I have 2 pounds of carrots in my fridge. So today after buying 2 pounds of carrots I decided to make carrot muffins using the recipe from the recipe booklet "Easy Vegan Recipes" put together by the organization Compassion over Killing.


    They turned out once again like the other first batch of muffins I made last week. The were a little bland, and it felt like it was missing something. So once again I revamped the recipe for you guys.

Carrot Muffins
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1 cup all purpose white flour
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cloves
1 teaspoon all-spice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2/3 cup grated carrots (about 2 to 3 whole medium carrots)
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 cup soymilk
1/4 cup vegetable oil

    Step 1: In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients and the grated carrots, then add all the wet ingredients and mix well with an electric beater.

    Step 2: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Pour the batter into a lightly oiled muffin pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.

(Makes 1 dozen muffins)

Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment