Sunday, August 7, 2011

Day 68: Grandma's Brownies

     I absolutely love my grandma's brownies, and I always looked forward to going to her house and having freshly homemade brownies. After she gave me the recipe I have made these brownies a couple times for friends who couldn't get enough of them. Unfortunalty the original recipe called for three eggs, so I thought I could not longer make them. Today I decided to try to make them anyway, substituting the 3 eggs for 3 oz of silken tofu.


     They ended turning out pretty great! It tasted almost exactly the same, except the consistency was a tiny bit denser than the original version. While they are still very high in sugar, they are a tiny bit healthier for without the eggs they are cholesterol free!

Grandma's Brownies
4 squares of unsweetened baking chocolate
3/4 cup of vegan margarine
2 cups of sugar
3 ounces of silken tofu
1 cup flower
3 tablespoons soymilk

    Step 1: Microwave the chocolate and the margarine for 2 minutes, or until melted. (If you don't have a microwave you can also do this on top of the stove with a small frying pan). Add the melted mixture to a medium size mixing bowl along with the other ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
   
    Step 2: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a pan with aluminium foil and lightly grease. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick can be inserted and pulled out without any brownie sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment