People come from all over to attend this five day event at the Westin Hotel. These five days are packed with workshops, exhibits, movie premieres, and even early morning yoga. They have various concurrent tracks for people that come for different reasons.
- Issues Track -covers different types of animal abuses and the underlying issues (they recommend this for newcomers).
- Organizational Track - Suggests improvements in personal and organizational effectiveness.
- Tactics Track - Addresses campaign tactics and outreach to various constituencies.
- Campaign Reports - Offer reports on activities and successes by leading national and local organizations.
- Rap Sessions - encourages participation in open discussions about controversial issues facing the movement.
- Videos - new video premieres with question and answer by their producers.
Along with all these tracks they have a newcomer orientation, awards banquet, networking receptions, and free exhibits. While I wish I was able to go to all of these, I only was able to make the free exhibits due to my budget. Next year though I am looking forward to trying to make the whole event. Since the registration for this event can be any where from $65 for a single day to $160 for all five days there a couple of ways to get into this event at a discounted rate or even for free.
Here are some options for those of you on a budget: