Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day 50: Falafel Palace

      I work at my school newspaper, and  I stumbled across a great veg-friendly Greek restaurant, the Falafel Palace, who was interested in advertising with my school paper.


      The first thing that crossed my mind of course when visiting this restaurant was if they had any vegan options; for they were very well priced, with decent ambiance for such an inexpensive restaurant, and gave students a 10% discount! After telling the owners that I was vegan they informed me that half of their menu was vegan. I was ecstatic about finding another vegan restaurant in the area. They even gave me a taste of one of their falafel pita sandwiches to try. It was absolutely delicious. I can't believe I haven't heard of this place before.


             This business has actually been in Northridge since 1972, and has a well established clientele. The owners also let me know that they are currently working on a vegan menu as well. Right know they offer vegan falafel pita sandwiches, vegan Greek gyros, a vegetarian plate, and numerous salads. They even have an option to grill their falafel rather than fry if you are more health conscience. I know I will be coming back.

          If you are interested in knowing more about this restaurant check it out on Yelp.

No comments:

Post a Comment