Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day 49: BBQ Tofu Sandwich

     After making all that spinach lasagna this weekend on day 46, I had a bunch of tofu left over in my fridge. I am a stickler about not letting anything go bad so today I decided to get creative and make up a new tofu heavy meal to use up all that extra tofu. Here is what I came up with.

 
  So basically I just scrambled tofu with barbecue sauce and added lettuce, onions, and pickles. I also decided to whip up a side of green beans, and diced baked potatoes. It was so simple and yet quite tasty.

BBQ Tofu Sandwich
1 Whole wheat roll
Firm tofu
Barbecue sauce
White onion
Lettuce
Pickles
Olive oil

    Step 1: Toast your whole wheat bun and layer the lettuce and dill pickles on top.

    Step 2: Scramble the firm tofu (mash it up into small pieces) in a frying pan and add mix in the barbecue sauce. Cook until warm, about 2 to 3 minutes. Once done add this to the next layer of your sandwich.

     Step 3: Lightly oil a frying pan with olive oil and saute the onions until golden brown. Once done add this to your sandwich and your ready to eat!

(Serves 1)

No comments:

Post a Comment