Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day 32: Stuffed Bell Peppers

     For lunch today I attempted to recreate the delicious stuffed bell peppers I had at Bob Marley's on Day 22 with a side of green beans. I played the recipe by ear, adding and subtracting a few ingredients.




    While the bell peppers were delicious they still needed to be cooked a little more thoroughly so I slightly altered my recipe for you guys. Let me know what you think.

Stuffed Bell Peppers


2 green bell peppers
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic
Black beans
Rice
Minced mushrooms
Minced onion
Spinach
Tomato sauce

    Step 1: Cook the rice and beans. In another pan warm up the olive oil with the garlic before adding the onions. Caramelize the onions and add the mushrooms. Once the mushrooms have shrunk add the spinach and cook until warm.

    Step 2: Cut the top off of the bell peppers and scoop out the seeds. Mix the rice and bean mixture with other mixture before stuffing the peppers. Top the bell peppers with tomato sauce.

    Step 3: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and cook for 15 minutes until the bell peppers are soft.

(Serves: 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment